My Diary part1- My first experience in flight

January 1, 2010 was not a great start for me.. The very first day made me cry(though i desperately tried not to). The first good thing that happened to me in this year was my flight experience from Trivandrum to Chennai all alone.

On January 14th my dad after knowing the trains are already packed asked me to come by flight. I agreed and the air ticket was sent to me by mail. After all the unpleasant things that happened around me I was finally happy that i was going home. Heartbroken, I said a final bye to the hostel and Trivandrum(a place where I was for the past 2 and a half months) and hired an auto towards the airport. 

Having  reached 2 hrs earlier, I went to a restaurant in the airport (which charges 100 bucks for Dosa :O). I finished the breakfast with a coffee and was waiting for the boarding counter to open. Since this was the first time Im flying, a friend of mine assisted me the previous night giving me step by step instuctions right from entering the airport which I followed carefully.

Hardly 20 people travelled along with me. Got my boarding pass and a bus arrived which took  us to the flight. An air hostess greeted each and everyone as we entered. I found my window seat in front (which i requested for). God,,,why on earth did I see Final Destination 1???? The very thought of the movie made my head spinning,,but I was brave enough to put those weird thoughts aside and concentrate on the instructions that was being given about the life jackets, exit gates etc.

Trust me,window seats wud be very special to those who fly for the first time. Clouds seemed to be below us floating in the air like cotton.They are not even cotton but thick vapours.And the land below- reminded me of the days when I used to stand on the terrace staring at the flight that fly across the sky and the thought "When will my day come ?"

Above my seat were 2 buttons out of which one is for light and I was unaware wats the use of the other button.I pressed it and a pink color glowed with a loud beep. In few seconds,an air hostess came rushing asking me wat I wanted. Thank God I didnt say "Sorry I pressed it by mistake". Instead I asked her for some water..Ah,,this is why the button is up there! 

Flight landed and I followed a fellow traveller who headed towards the conveyor belt to collect the bags. After that I was happy to see my dad waiting outside to receive me. There i was- in my land after a long time happy happy.





0 comments:

Post a Comment